Hi, I’m Betsy!
Betsy has been an advocate and leader all of her life, from the moment her little sister arrived on the scene and her mother said “You’re the big sister and your job is to take care of Molly.” She performed the role well (though her sister confused bossy with early leadership skills!)
A dynamic speaker and executive leadership coach with over 30 years in leadership development, Betsy’s outgoing personality and an exceptional sense of humor combine to make her a favorite both in her coaching relationships and at the front of any room.
Today Betsy’s focus is Leadership, Advocacy, and Women in the Workforce.
Leadership Trainer, Mentor, Coach
She enjoys working with leaders at all levels, incorporating her coaching approach to hone the skills that will help them step forward boldly, with courage and confidence, using stronger vision, greater personal power, and more effective communication.
Betsy’s clients are executives, professionals and business owners. She helps them lead from both heart and head. Her clients report that their businesses and careers explode and their teams become exponentially more productive and effective, reaching new heights of success.
In 2014 her husband was diagnosed with cancer. He died in 2018 and during those 4 grueling years she honed her own advocacy skills. She frequently reflected on the similarities and differences between advocacy and leadership and realized that support for learning how to be a more effective advocate—especially questioning, research and sheer dogged determination—was not readily available. She now fills that gap by leading workshops and speaking to groups on how to successfully navigate the healthcare system and advocate on behalf of their families and friends through workshops and speaking.
Serving Women in the Workforce
Betsy grew up alongside the modern “Women’s Movement,” starting her undergraduate studies in Psychology and Social Work at the University of Texas at age 25, and completing her doctoral work in Higher Education Administration at Texas A&M at 37. She has studied leadership, taught leadership and served in leadership roles at the local, state and national level, and understands the different measures that exist for women in the workforce. Betsy loves to support women on their path to outstanding levels of success—on their own terms.
- A proud Texas Aggie, Betsy’s M.Ed in Adult Education and Ph.D in Organizational Leadership are from Texas A&M University and her B.A. is from the University of Texas.
- Passion for, and dedication to, good leadership. She is a graduate of Leadership Florida, Leadership Pensacola, and the Cornell University Institute of Executive Leadership. She served in numerous leadership roles in Pensacola FL: chaired the Pensacola Symphony, the Health Initiatives Task Force of the Greater Pensacola Area Chamber of Commerce, the Pensacola Women’s Alliance. Lead Organizer of 2006 International Coach Federation’s Research Symposium.
- A certified coach: She is certified by the International Coach Federation and Strategic Executive Coaching Association, and is a member of Roving Coach International.
- Served in multiple leadership & education-related roles:
- A Senior Executive at, and/or consultant to, organizations such as: Pensacola (FL) Junior College, Center for Community Education (Texas A&M) and Austin (TX) Independent School District.
- During her 20-year tenure at Pensacola Junior College, she served as Dean, Provost, and Vice President, supervising over 250 employees, managing an $8 million budget, and producing and hosting a television show on the local PBS station.